- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Gallery
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1439164657
- Paperback release date: July 26, 2011
- Amazon's price: $10.09
Lisa Genova became an instant literary star when STILL ALICE, her first novel about a woman coping with early onset Alzheimer’s, debuted at #5 on the New York Times bestseller list and remained on the list for more than thirty weeks. Genova, who holds a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Harvard University, was widely lauded for her heartbreakingly authentic depiction of the disease, making STILL ALICE a success not only with readers and reviewers, but also doctors and Alzheimer’s organizations.
In her bestselling second novel, now available in trade paperback, Genova examines a lesser known condition called “left neglect” and delivers a compelling and poignant story about a vibrant woman who, in the prime of her life, is struck with the crippling disorder. LEFT NEGLECTED introduces readers to thirty-something Sarah Nickerson, who, like so many women today, is driven to succeed at home and at work, multi-tasking all day long, and spread extremely thin. The morning that changes her life forever begins typically, in her car on the way to work, as she is about to make a business call. While driving.
Sarah takes her eyes off the road for one second too long, and is involved in a terrible accident that results in a traumatic brain injury. Her memory and intellect are still intact, but she loses the ability to perceive information coming from the left— as if the left side of everything no longer exists. As she works to recover, Sarah also learns to pay attention to— and heal the rifts within— other parts of her life she has left neglected, mainly her husband, her children, and her previously distant mother.
To help celebrate the paper back release of this book, the publisher has provided me with one (1) copy of Left Neglected to give away.
GIVEAWAY Rules for entering:
- This contest is open to residents of USA residents only!
- Please complete the form below – do not leave information in the comments – it will not count.
- One entry per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- The contest will end on August 8th at 11:59PM EST; 1 winners will be selected and contacted thereafter.
- Once the winner is contacted, they will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen (make sure to check your spam filters!).
- Book will be shipped directly from the publisher.